Principal DevOps Engineer
- Hands on experience in a product environment that includes the usage of tools/technologies: (Jenkins, Java, Python, Gitlab, Jira, Vault, Packer, AWS, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Artifactory, Confluence, Spring Cloud Config, NGINX+)
- Hands on Kubernetes experience.
- Good knowledge of Unix shell scripting and Power shell
- Experience with the administration of Redis/ElasticSearch/Postgres.
- Strong experience with distributed systems, their complexities, and challenges.
- Strong experience working with configuration management tools (eg. Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc).
- Thorough understanding of security principals and concerns.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as key leader and expert on DevOps practices
- Implement and support Continuous Integration and Deployment Pipelines
- Build and support Automation for deployment of various components of the product and Non-Production ecosystem
- Schedule, implement, and automate security compliance patching and updates on Development, QA, and production clusters
- Ensure continuous availability of various tools supporting SCM & Release Management including Source Control, Continuous Integration, & Change Management
- Engage with cross-functional co-located teams in implementation of enterprise scalable features related to enabling higher developer productivity, environment monitoring and self-healing, and facilitate autonomous delivery teams
- Support troubleshoot and analyse code on all 3 layers of the stack related to infrastructure, middleware, and continuous integration and delivery frameworks
- Responsible for deploying code and other proactive maintenance activities to keep the services up and running
- Building and setting up new development tools and developer efficiency tools (Focusing on Freeing up Development staff to focus on deliverables)
- Integrating Code Quality tools and Code Analysis tools into IDE’s
- Implementing Automation to improve coding efficiency
- Development of integrations between various Observability tools
- A clear focus on driving CI/CD and automation to modern techniques, practices, and excellent understanding of SDLC success factors
- Automations that enhance Site Reliability Engineering practices
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analysing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions.
- More than 3 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer
- More than 4 years of experience as a Web Developer or as a Server Administrator
- Excellent communication, problem solving, organizational and teamwork skills
- Analytical mindset with great attention to detail
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or relevant field
- Relevant Professional certifications will add weightage
Please send your resume and details to :